Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer Exam Tips
Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer Exam
This was my third architect exam. I will rate this one also easier to crack. Most of people who are working in Salesforce development get chance to practically work in most of topics which are required for this exam. It requires good knowledge about development & deployment lifecycle and all tools which are required for development & deployment. I had used most of tools and features in my project. So it was easy for me. But if you have not worked on it, don’t worry this exam preparation will be good opportunity for you to learn so many good things. Go through all topics mentioned in resource guides. I will list down most important topics at end of this post.One more important point to mention that most of questions in this exam were scenario based.
The Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer credential is designed for those who assess their architecture environment and requirements and then implement management solutions on the Force.com platform that meet those requirements. Candidates should have experience communicating solutions and design trade-offs to businesses and IT stakeholders.
Here are some examples of the concepts you should understand to pass the exam:
- Experience with project and development lifecycle methodologies
- Experience providing requirements traceability through the project’s lifecycle
- Awareness of Salesforce and third-party application development lifecycle tools
- Understanding test plan design and evaluating effectiveness
The Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer candidate has the experience, skills, knowledge, and ability to:
- Communicate development methodologies and trade-offs.
- Provide alternatives to development methodologies.
- Ensure Governance through change management and release management.
- Ensure Governance in environment management.
- Develop and execute effective deployment strategies.
- Use technical tools to execute deployment strategies and environmental approaches.
- Describe the capabilities and characteristics of metadata API.
- Describe the capabilities and constraints of the tools available for accessing the Metadata API (Force.com Migration Tool, Force.com IDE, and Change Sets).
- Describe source control and continuous integration, how they are used, and when they should be recommended.
- Utilize testing methodologies.
- Describe strategies to restore and back up.
- Understand deployment KPIs.
- Follow Salesforce release schedules and know how they may impact deployments and projects.
A candidate for this exam will likely need assistance with:
- Environment configuration.
- Code development.
- Test execution.
- Code migration.
- Configuring continuous integration/development architectures.
- Setting up a governance process.
Development Lifecycle Guide
An Introduction to Environments
Application Lifecycle Management Trailhead
Fifteen Things to Consider Before Your Next Data Migration
A Guide to Application Performance Profiling in Force.com
9 Steps to Effective Change Management
Change Management Trailhead
Sandbox Setup Considerations
Change Sets Best Practices
Understanding Metadata API
Bestpractices:Continuous Integration Techniques
Agile Development Through Salesforce
Good Luck for exam