Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam Tips
How to pass Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam
This is one of easiest exam from all architect exam. I believe it should be easy for everyone who has good knowledge about salesforce security model. Salesforce Security is fundamentals of Salesforce platform. Everyone who starts learning salesforce always learns Salesforce security.
Exam had mix of questions. Most of questions were scenario based. 10-20% question were very tricky and required good understanding of basic concepts. Exam was little bit lengthy. So time management is very important. This was 1st architect exam for me. So I studied for 2 weeks. When I submitted exam, I was not 100 % sure if I will pass or not(1st architect exam is always a fear). But I scored very well in exam. Following are basic topics that you should know:
- Profiles & Permission Sets
- Role Hierarchy
- Sharing Rules
- Apex Managed Sharing
- Record Locking related issues
- Territory Management
- Account & Opportunity Teams
- Salesforce licenses
All this is copied from official certification page and guide.
The Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer credential is designed for those who assess the architecture environment and requirements and design sound, scalable, and high-performing technical solutions on the Force.com platform that meet sharing and visibility security requirements. Candidates should have experience communicating solutions and design trade-offs to businesses and IT stakeholders.
Here are some examples of the concepts you should understand to pass the exam:
- Creation of criteria based and ownership based sharing rules
- Understanding org wide defaults
- Understanding different types of licenses
- Describing the fundamental concepts around role hierarchy
The Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer candidate has the experience, skills, knowledge, and ability to:
- Describe the usage and implementation of sharing rules, both criteria based and ownership based.
- Architect the appropriate object relationships given a scenario.
- Articulate how Org-Wide defaults may impact a security model.
- Articulate how different Salesforce license types may impact a security & sharing model.
- Describe how the Role Hierarchy may impact the decisions made when designing a security model.
- Describe how Profile configuration may impact a security and sharing model.
- Describe the fundamental concepts around role hierarchy, apex sharing etc. to different levels of audience.
- Articulate different security capabilities with respect to record visibility, CRUD based security, record level access and the differences between the three.
- Describe the limits of declarative capabilities and when a more custom security solution is required with associated risks and limitations.
- Articulate what Apex Sharing is and when it should be used.
- Articulate the security implications of using Dashboards, Apex run as an Administrator, VisualForce pages or other “run in context” tools to expose aggregate data.
- Identify and mitigate performance and scalability concerns for a recommended solution.
- Develop a test process to validate a security model.
- Articulate use cases for complex sharing such as territory management or account teams should be used.
A candidate for this exam will likely need assistance with the following:
- Designing and implement a tokenization strategy.
- Identifying off platform data security considerations.
- Determining non-core platform data security considerations (E.g. AppExchange) and other Salesforce products (E.g. Heroku).
- Describing how specific security constructs work (E.g. SSL, RSA).
- Identifying common use-cases for requirements gathering.
- Determining performance issues and scalability of large data sets with sharing.
- Determining what types of sharing are impacted in an LDV scenario.
- Determining security requirements around certain kinds of data: PCI, PII, HIPPA, etc.
- Articulating security concepts such as Least Privilege, Defense in Depth, and Failure Securely.
- Implementing project and development lifecycle methodologies.
- Defining identity management and SSO architecture.
Official Exam page
Official Exam Guide contains full exam outline
Sharing and Visibility trailmix which contains all important links and study material.
Record-Level Access: Under the Hood
An Overview of Force.com Security
Enterprise Territory Management
Strengthen Your Data’s Security with Shield Platform Encryption
Managing Lookup Skew in Salesforce to Avoid Record Lock Exceptions
Apex Managed Sharing
Designing Record Access for Enterprise Scale
Behind the Scenes of Record Ownership in Salesforce
Locking Down Record Access in Salesforce
Storing Sensitive Data
Without Sharing: Best practices
Salesforce Group Membership Sharing for Peak Performance
Reducing Lock Contention by Avoiding Account Data Skew
salesforcememo blog link
Good Luck for exam 🙂